Microsoft is introducing three new Windows 11 Insider builds, each offering unique enhancements. Let’s delve into the key features and improvements in each channel.
Windows 11 Dev Channel Build 23615
The highlight of this release is the inclusion of support for USB4 80Gbps, catering to devices equipped with Intel 14th-generation HX CPUs, such as the new Razer Blade 18. This advancement aims to future-proof Windows, providing faster performance with storage devices and monitors. Additionally, changes to Copilot allow automatic configuration when connected to widescreen monitors. Some notable updates include:
- Windows Share Window Enhancement: Microsoft Edge and other browsers now support sharing URLs directly to WhatsApp, Gmail, X, Facebook, and LinkedIn via the Windows share window.
- Task Manager and Windows Share Window Fixes: Several issues affecting Task Manager and Windows share window reliability for some insiders have been addressed.
Keep in mind that there are known issues, including announcements persisting on the taskbar and keyboard navigation challenges.
Windows 11 Beta Channel Build 22635.3061
While less groundbreaking, this build brings several noteworthy features to those with the latest updates toggle switched to “On.” Notable additions include:
- Windows Share Feature: Similar to the Dev channel, the Beta channel introduces the ability to share URLs directly to various platforms via the Windows share window.
- Improved Lock Screen Weather Experience: The lock screen weather experience is now more dynamic, offering enhanced information compared to the previous version.
- Microsoft Store Enhancements: Users can now launch instant arcade games while browsing, receive notifications for app installations, and enjoy an overall faster experience when installing, browsing, or searching for apps.
Additional updates include references to Azure Active Directory, spellchecker improvements, and fixes for ActiveX scroll bar issues in IE mode.
Microsoft has also released Windows 11 Builds 22621.3078 and 22631.3078 to the Release Preview Channel, offering minor improvements and bug fixes for Windows 11 versions 22H2 and 23H2.